Cognac And The Grapes Used For Manufacturing It

Cognac is a kind of brandy and is named after a French town. It is highest quality brandy and its manufacturing must meet certain legal kind of requirements. For example, the grapes that are used in making the drink must be from a specified variety. Ugni Blanc is one such grape. The brandy then should be distilled two times in pot stills of copper and should also be of at least 2 years of age. Aging of Cognac is done in French oak barrels. The most cognac that is sold today is aged for more than 2 years and its aging is similar to those of wines and whiskies. With the spread of internet, it is also easy to Buy Cognac Online.

Grapes Used For Making Cognac

Whiskey Liquor StoreThe white wine that is used for manufacturing cognac is thin, acidic and very dry. It is also undrinkable but is good for aging as well as distillation. This white wine is only made from a selected list of grapes or True Crus. To be a true-crus a white wine must contain at-least 90% of grapes like Ugni Blanc, Colombard and Folle Blanche. The other 10% of the wine composition can be from grapes like Jurancon Blanc, Folignan, Meslier St Francois, Montils or Semillon Grape varieties. Only best of Spirits And Wines Store can offer you these exquisite drinks that are made after much effort and time spending.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s